Associate Professor in Mathematical Physics at the Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Physical Sciences and Earth Sciences (MIFT) of the University of Messina, Italy.
Address: Viale F. Stagno d'Alcontres 31, 98166 Messina, Italy
Phone. +39 090 6765088; E-mail: progolino "at" unime . it
- Graduated cum laude in Mathematics on October 5th, 1992 at
the University of Messina.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics on June 4th, 1998 defending a doctoral thesis titled
“Modelli geometrici in termomeccanica classica dei continui con applicazioni
a fenomeni irreversibili".
- February 9th, 2001 - December 30th, 2019: Assistant Professor in Mathematical Physics at the University of Messina.
- December 31st, 2019 --: Associate Professor in Mathematica Physics at the University of Messina.
- Member of National Group of Mathematical Physics (G.N.F.M.) of the "Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica" (I.N.d.A.M.).
- 01 October 2021 -- : Head of Degree iCourse in Mathematics at the University of Messina.
- Member of Doctoral School in Mathematics and Computationa Sciences (Catania, Messina and Palermo Universities).
- Member of the Accademia Peloritana dei Pericolanti (Messina, Italy).
MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Non-local and nonlinear theories of heat conduction and
thermoelecric phenomena in nanosystems.
- Constitutive theories in classical,rational and extended
thermodynamics of irreversible processes.
- Optimization of thermoelectric energy conversion in graded
- Thermomechanics of continua with dielectric and magnetic relaxation
- Thermodynamic models of mixtures with diffusion phenomena.