PERSONAL INFORMATIONAssistant Professor in Mathematical Physics (S.S.D. MAT/07) at the Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Physical Sciences and Earth Sciences of the University of Messina.
Address: Viale F. Stagno d'Alcontres 31, 98166 Messina, Italy
- "24 CFU per accesso FIT" on December 28th, 2018 at the University of Messina.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics and Computer Science on March 27th, 2017 at the University of Catania, defending a doctoral thesis titled
"Symmetries, Equivalence and Decoupling of First Order PDE's", advisor Prof. Francesco Oliveri (University of Messina).
- Master's Degree in Mathematics on December 19th, 2012 at the University of Messina, discussing a thesis titled "Trasformazioni di equivalenza di leggi di bilancio dissipative" with a grade of 110/110 cum laude.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics on December 17th, 2010 at the University of Messina, discussing a thesis titled "Su un modello di dinamica cellulare nella risposta immunitaria mediata dai linfociti T" with a grade of 110/110 cum laude.
- January, 2022 - In progress: Assistant Professor in Mathematical Physics (S.S.D. MAT/07) at the University of Messina.
- July, 2020 - December, 2021: Postdoctoral Researcher in Mathematical Physics (S.S.D. MAT/07) at the University of Messina. Title of the research project: "Discrete and continuous dynamical models of complex systems, and determination of exact, approximate or numerical solutions".
- April, 2017 - June, 2020: Research collaborator in Mathematical Physics (S.S.D. MAT/07) at the University of Messina.
MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Lie group theory and applications of ordinary and partial differential equations.
- Approximate, conditional, contact and equivalence symmetries.
- Continuum mechanics and thermodynamics.
- Operatorial models for macroscopic systems.
- Symbolic and numerical computation (MATLAB, Reduce, Wolfram Mathematica).
RESEARCH PROJECTS AND AWARDS
- A.Y. 2021/2022: Fundings: Finanziamento Attività di Base della Ricerca di Ateneo (FFABR Unime 2022).
- December, 2021: Kovalevskaya Grant for the International Congress of Mathematicians 2022 (Saint Petersburg (on line), Russia, July 6th-14th, 2022).
- A.Y. 2020/2021: Principal investigator of the "Progetto Giovani" of national research titled "Modelli dinamici continui e discreti di sistemi complessi" funded by G.N.F.M.
- A.Y. 2015/2016: Member of the "Progetto Giovani" of national research titled "Formazione di pattern, insorgenza di fenomeni oscillatori e soluzioni localizzate in sistemi di reazione-diffusione con diffusione non lineare" funded by G.N.F.M.
- January, 2014 - In progress: Member of the National Group of Mathematical Physics (G.N.F.M.) of the "Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica" (I.N.d.A.M.).
- November, 2013 - October, 2016: Ph.D. scholarship in Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Catania.
- Member of the Department MIFT Board for the academic three-year period 2021-2024, in the role of researchers' representative.
- Member of the Quality Assurance Group Commission of the Master's Degree Course in Data Science for the academic year 2022/2023.